Arvigo Abdominal Therapy® Consultation
The first session can take up to two hours, with subsequent sessions being shorter and includes:
- A comprehensive review of your personal history and healthcare needs (You will be asked to complete a consultation form prior to your initial visit)
- Treatment will then proceed and you will be asked to undress down to your underwear and lie on the massage couch, appropriately draped with towels throughout. A light massage oil will be used.
- Massage of the lower abdomen, which gently guides the uterus into its optimum position
- In women who have had a hysterectomy, the massage helps any scar tissue by improving circulation to the area, as well as the other organs
- The massage is the same for both women and men and is focussed on aligning the pelvic and abdominal organs
- Massage of the upper abdomen that relieves muscular tension in the diaphragm and improves blood flow to the digestive organs
- Massage of the upper and lower back, sacrum and coccyx, focussed on improving the blood flow to the digestive organs
- Additional techniques to complement the Arvigo techniques according to individual need (e.g. Structural Bodywork and Orthopaedic, Sports and Remedial Massage)
- Instruction in self-care techniques that individuals can apply at home to enhance the benefits of treatment. A self-care handout explaining the routine will be given to you at the end of the session to take away
- Further suggestions for self-care may include castor oils packs and the use of a faja (organ support wrap for women)
Further sessions will depend of your individual goals and your response to the initial treatment. However, we will work together to achieve these goals with either the Arvigo Abdominal Therapy, or an eclectic treatment approach.
As a healthcare professional having completed my Level Two Professional training, I am required to submit a certain number of case studies in order to fulfill the criteria for Certification. All case studies are submitted to the Arvigo Institute, however, confidentiality is maintained at all times, with no personal details being submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ARVIGO® TECHNIQUES OF MAYA ABDOMINAL THERAPY™ are not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
If in doubt, please consult your Doctor.